ILS Suite of Specifications
The ASD suite of ILS Specifications currently consist of:
NB: the links direct you to the official website of each specification
These specifications are supported by appropriate input data specifications (e.g. S1000X).
The first specification, STE100, is 100% ASD. All other specifications are shared with AIA. S1000D is also shared with ATA.
S1000D User Forum 2013
ILS Working Group
The objective of this WG is to design a strategy/policy for the development and maintenance of a coherent set of ILS Specifications. This includes also the identification of needs for additional specifications. This strategy/policy will be implemented through the ILS Guide SX000i working group, the associated suite of ILS Specifications and relationships with other SSG domains.
The SSG ILS Working Group takes its authority from the ASD ILS Spec Group and represents the Custommer Support/ILS domains within the SSG.
The “ILS” WG links with ASD Product Support Group (PSG) and AIA/ASD ILS Spec. Council.
Each specification has a Steering Group and the common elements are underpinned by the Data Modelling and Exchange Working Group (DMEWG). For further information, click here.
The ILS working group contributes to the SSG Objectives through the following activities:
The strategy/policy developed by the SSG ILS Working Group shall be implemented by the ILS SX000i Guide working group. The vision of this latter is that “all players of the global aerospace value network will be able to share data securely through the life of the products and services”. In addition, this group will identify existing gaps in the Suite of ILS Specifications (e.g. glossary, configuration management, programme management, etc.). This shall be accomplished through an ILS Guide, whose purpose is to:
- Explain the vision and objectives for the suite of ILS specifications.
- Provide a framework that documents the global ILS process and interactions; process, data…
- Explain how the ILS specs interface with other standardisation domains: engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, collaboration , security.
- Explain the global governance of ILS spec development and supporting work plan resources.
- Provide concrete guidance on how to satisfy specific business requirements using an appropriate selection of defined components.