ILS Suite of Specifications
The ASD suite of ILS Specifications currently consist of:
NB: the links direct you to the official website of each specification
These specifications are supported by appropriate interface specifications (e.g. S1003X).
The first specification, STE100, is 100% ASD. All other specifications are shared with AIA. S1000D is also shared with ATA.
ILS Working Group
The objective of this WG is to develop a strategy/policy document for ILS Specifications, including process chart and gaps to address need for additional specs. This strategy/policy will be accomplished through the ILS Handbook SX000i working group, the associated suite of ILS Specifications and relationships with other SSG domains.
The SSG ILS Working Group takes its authority from the ASD ILS Spec Group and represents the Custommer Support/ILS domains within the SSG.
The “ILS” WG links with ASD Product Support Group (PSG) and AIA/ASD ILS Spec. Council.
Each specification has a Steering Group and the common elements are underpinned by the Data Modeling and Exchange Working Group (DMEWG). For further information, click here.
Expected results: Improve compatibility of the several ILS specifications (ASD suite and other global standards)
Develop cross-domain business scenarios and identify gaps.
The ILS working group contributes to the SSG Objectives:
The planned ASD SSG ILS Policy deliverable will be linked to the SX000i ILS Handbook, whose development was launched on the 27th of June 2011 in Stockholm.
The purpose of the ILS handbook (SX000i) is to:
- Explain the vision and objectives for the suite of specifications
- Provide a framework that documents the global ILS process and interactions; process, data…
- Explain how the ILS specs interface with other standardisation domains : engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, collaboration , security
- Explain the global governance of ILS spec development and supporting work plan resources etc...
- Provide concrete guidance on how to satisfy specific business requirements using an appropriate selection of defined components
In addition, the SX000i Working Group will identify existing gaps in the Suite of ILS Specifications (e.g. data dictionnary, configuration management, programme management, etc.)
Vision: all players of the global aerospace value network will be able to share data securely through the life of the products and services.
This may be achieved by the establishment and adoption of a coherent set of global information standards which are:
- A critical underpinning factor in enabling joint working between customers and industry through simplification of electronic trading.
- The key enabler to respond more quickly to changing requirements, to further optimize processes, improve data quality and drive out unnecessary costs associated with integration, by identifying the most appropriate solution components
- The planning and management, production, exchange, distribution and use of global ILS products and services that support the life cycle of any civil or military project. This will be split in sub-use cases depending on ILS product and services (tech pubs, training, material, feedback, LSA..)
- Consistent global configuration management used across the ILS Suite of standards (S-Series)
- Integration of light 3D visualization with training, maintenance, LSA, tech pubs and material data